Keep in mind that after a lead is converted, it cannot be reversed. A lead is ready to be converted into an account when the lead has moved from being a potential customer to an actual customer. In other words, the first quote opportunity is booking.
- From the lead detail page click the Convert Lead tab
- To tie to an existing account record (if already created), select the account from the drop down and click Link
- To tie to a new account, click Create and enter the new account information.
Quotes can only be booked for a contact tied to an account. From the quote record, the lead can be converted to a contact when booking the quote.
- Click Book on the quote screen
- In the pop up box, either tie the lead to an existing account (if already created) by selecting the account from the drop down and click Link
- To tie the lead to a new account, click Create and enter the new account information.
Once a lead is converted to an account, it is no longer in the leads section.