In order to setup SSL on the customer portal, we will need a pfx file to install. You will need to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to move forward with this process so we have outlined one common way to do this on a windows machine.
- In Windows, type IIS into the search area and select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- In the Connections panel on the left, click the server name for which you want to generate the CSR. In the middle panel, double-click Server Certificates.
- In the actions panel on the right, click Create Certificate Request.
- Enter the following Distinguished Name Properties, and then click Next.
- For Cryptographic service provider, select Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider. For Bit length, select 2048 or higher and then click Next.
- Click ..., enter the location and file name for your CSR, and then click Finish.