Qualifications are a way to track training and other Qualification items for Personnel.
Qualifications must be added as a part of a Program. More information on how to create an manage Programs in Crew Records: Programs.
In this article how to:
- Create a Qualification item;
- Setup a Qualification item;
- View / manage Qualification status; and
- Edit / update Qualification for Personnel.
CREATE A QUALIFICATION ITEM
Go to: Crew Records > Programs > [select name of program] > Qualification Items tab, and select the Add New button. Once added/created, the item will display in the list below and is available to edit using the blue edit pen button. Note: Qualifications may not be created outside a Program. See Crew Records: Programs.
When creating or editing a Qualification item, a pop-up window will appear with options under the Qualification tab and the Events tab.
- Name: Displayed where the Qualification item is listed.
- Active: Select to make available and apply to the Program / personnel.
- Description: Option to add additional notes for the Qualification item.
- Airports: Add to apply / flag only when a flight is to/from a select airport. Leave blank to apply to all.
- Aircraft: Add to apply / flag only when a flight is on a select aircraft. Leave blank to apply to all.
- Avionics: Add to apply / flag only when a flight is with a specific avionics suite. Leave blank to apply to all.
- Accounts: Add to apply / flag only when a flight is for a specific account. Leave blank to apply to all.
- FSI Qualification / Course: Used for the Flight Safety International (FSI) integration
- Crew Position: Add to apply / flag only only for personnel assigned a specific crew position. Leave as N/A to apply to all.
- Regulatory Type: Add to apply / flag only when a flight is operating under a specific regulatory type. Leave blank to apply to all.
- Recurrent: When selected, the Frequency / Frequency Type fields will appear to set how often the qualification item must be met.
- Eligible Grace: When selected, the Pre / Post Grace fields will appear. The number entered will be the quantity of the same Frequency Type value as the recurrent.
Events tied to a qualification item allows an operation to check for instrument proficiency. For example, to comply with 135.297 or 61.57, add the required event types and quantities. If the pilot satisfies the requirement by attending training input the training date on the qualification item. If the date is between the last completed and next due, then its satisfied. Conversely, if the pilot satisfies the requirement in the aircraft, input a log book entry with the aircraft type and flight events to adhere to the requirement. These are checked in the trip snapshot and will flag along with the other crew qualification items.
Note: Regulatory Sets should be used check pilot crew activity (e.g. duty time, rest time, flight hours, night landings, etc.) against a defined standard or limitation. More information in Regulatory Sets: Setup.
Deactivate Qualification Items
Qualification may be made inactive from within a Program and also for specific Personnel applied to a Program. Select the yellow Deactivate button, the Qualification item will then be available to view under the Inactive toggle.
VIEW / MANAGE QUALIFICATION STATUS
There are several places to view and manage the status of Qualification item for personnel:
- Trip Snapshot > Crew
- Crew Records > Qualifications
- Personnel Profile
- Reports > Crew Records
- Program > Personnel tab
Trip Snapshot > Crew
When personnel is added as crew to a trip, a pop-up will appear to confirm crewing them on the trip if there are expired / outstanding Qualification items. They will also be displayed in the Trip Snapshot under the Crew section:
Crew Records > Qualifications
This is the best recommended method to review Qualification items for personnel with all the search features available as well as the ability to update records for all personnel directly from one page. (See: Search Functions.)
From the Qualifications page, there is also an additional feature to view the Qualification history by clicking the clock icon button seen here:
This opens a pop-up window that will display on the previous historical records where the Qualification item had been met for a particular personnel. Clicking the chat bubble icon button will open a section with additional details:
From My Company > Personnel > [select personnel name] > Qualification tab. All Qualification items applied to the Personnel (from all Programs they are added to) will be listed with the Last Completed and Next Due dates with the ability to edit.
Reports > Crew
There are many reports available that detail and summarize personnel Qualification items. The top are:
- Flight Crew Activity Charts > Crew Recurrency Due Status
- Flight Crew Activity Charts > Crew Incomplete Training Status (Non-Recurrent)
- Flight Crew Activity Detail Reports > Qualification Status
- Flight Crew Data Analysis Reports > Qualification Analysis Grid
- Crew Snapshot Check (2 Days)
If you do not see these reports in your account, contact Avianis Support to have them added.
Program > Personnel Tab
From within the Program of the Qualification item, go to the Personnel tab and select the blue edit pen button. This will display a section with the Qualification items as they pertain to that particular personnel. Here the Inactive Qualification items within a Program for the personnel may also be viewed.
EDIT / UPDATE QUALIFICATION FOR PERSONNEL
From most all locations where the Qualification status may be viewed, there will be a blue edit pen button available which will display a pop-up with the following information available to edit / update.
- Last Completed: Setting this date will automatically complete the Next Due and Grace Dates with the requirements set in the
- Next Due: Will automatically populate when a Last Completed date is entered but may be manually edited.
- Grace Start / End Date: Will automatically populate when a Last Completed date is entered but may be manually edited.
- Event: A Personnel Event may be tied to satisfying a qualification item (e.g. a training event). It is searchable by the event name and will display the dates the event occurred.
- Training Type: May be selected.
- Vendor: Searchable from the vendors available.
- Comments: Additional notes on satisfying the Qualification item may be added.
A Qualification may be satisfied in the course of meeting another Qualification. In this instance, select the Override button and a field will appear to select another Qualification item which will be used to satisfy the current selected.
Add File to Qualification
A file may be added in association to a satisfied Qualification (e.g. a training certificate). Files may be uploaded using the paper icon button on a Qualification record. For more information see: Uploading, Sharing, and Managing Files