Creating a discrepancy provides the Maintenance team a way to make the Operations team aware of open discrepancies that could affect scheduled flights. This article explains:
- how to create a discrepancy;
- how to add an existing discrepancy to a job card card; and
- how to defer a discrepancy.
CREATE A DISCREPANCY
- Access Maintenance > Discrepancy
- Click Create
- Input the details
Below outlines the fields and requirements (* indicates the required information):
- Aircraft: Select the Aircraft
- Date Reported: This defaults to the date created and can be edited.
- Pilot: Select the Pilot reporting the discrepancy.
- Technician: Select the Technician working on the discrepancy. For the personnel to be in the drop down, they must be assigned the Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Technician role.
- Vendor: Select the Vendor working on the discrepancy.
- Control Number: This is an empty field for reference that accepts letters and numbers.
- Billable: Check the box to indicate if this discrepancy is billable. This is reference only.
- Special Flight Permit Requested: Check the box to indicate whether a Special Flight Permit is required. This is reference only.
- Create Job Card: Set Yes to create a job card as the discrepancy is being created. Set No to only create the discrepancy and not create a job card. Job cards are created to take the aircraft out of service.
- Description: Describe the details of the discrepancy.
- Deferral Type: Select the deferral type. Options are N/A, MEL, NEF, CDL and Other.
- Closed / Date: Check the box to close the discrepancy and include the date.
- Ops Check / Date: Check the box and input a date to capture an Ops Check was completed.
ADD DISCREPANCIES TO A JOB CARD
There are options to create a discrepancy from within a job card or add an existing discrepancy to the job card.
Create a Discrepancy within a Job Card
- Click Add New
- Input the details
When creating a discrepancy from within a job card, the aircraft auto-fills based on the aircraft set in the job card. Refer to the previous list of fields noted above for creating within a job card as the process is the same.
Add Existing Discrepancy within a Job Card
- Access the job card
- Click the down arrow to Add Existing
3. Select the applicable discrepancy from the multiple selections and click link.
DEFER A DISCREPANCY
There are various deferral types within a discrepancy. Options are N/A, MEL, NEF, CFL and Other.
- MEL: When MEL (Minimum Equipment List) is selected, select the applicable MEL Category A, B, C or D. Based on the Date Reported, the Deferred Until Date calculates.
- NEF: Set NEF (Nonessential Furnishings) and input the Deferred Until Date.
- CDL: Set CDL (Configuration Deviation List) and input the Deferred Until Date.
- Other: If none of the other categories are applicable, set Other.
When any of the types are set other than N/A additional fields are available.
- Deferred By: Select from the list of active personnel the person that deferred the discrepancy.
- Deferral Source: Note the source for deferral.
- Deferred Until Date: This auto-calculates when MEL and the category is set. This is considered in UTC.
- Deferred Hours: Input the hours the item is deferred to. The hours are considered in the aircraft section of the quote and trip feasibility.
- Deferred Cycles: Input the cycles the item is deferred to. The cycles are considered in the aircraft section of the quote and trip feasibility.
- Deferral Extended By: If an item deferral needs an extension, set the personnel that is extending it.
- Extension Deferral Until Date: Set the date the extension is valid until. This date will be used when displaying calendar events and for conflicts in the trip/quote feasibility.