This guide will cover the following:
- Initial setup process of the Client Portal
- Overview of Client Portal settings
- Creating Client Portal users
CLIENT PORTAL SETUP
Contact Avianis Support
- The Client Portal is a service offered by Avianis for an additional cost from the main platform. First, the service will need to be activated.
- Receive a unique company Client Portal URL and Client Portal Admin username/password from an Avianis representative.
- Provide an SSL Certificate to Avianis. To ensure the Client Portal is as secure as possible, a valid SSL certificate should be installed. (This will be a .pfx file.)
Create A Company Branded URL (Optional)
To have the Client Portal URL
To have a branded URL complete the following steps and notify your Avianis Support Representative:(portal.mydomain.com for example).
- Sign into your domain registrar / host account.
- Locate the domain's DNS records page.
- Add a CNAME record with a similar structure to the following:
Record Type: CNAME
Client Portal Settings
Ensure all the settings for the Client Portal are complete under: My Company > Client Portal. See the section below which details the setting functions.
SETTINGS FOR THE CLIENT PORTAL
Access the Client Portal settings within Avianis by: My Company > Client Portal.
- Quote Report
- Trip Report
- Invoice Report
For the Quote, Trip, and Invoice Report settings, the drop down menu will provide the document types available for the company. The report selected will be utilized within the Client Portal. For example, select Client Itinerary for the Trip Report.
- Trip Stage Limit - The drop down menu will display the Trip Stages available. The Trip Stage selected will lock the client from making changes to the Trip when that stages is set or any stages following. For example, if set to Dispatched, the client may make changes to the Trip for the Pending and Booked stages. When the Trip is moved to the Dispatched stage (selected), they will no longer be able to edit nor will they be able to edit for the following In Progress or Completed stages. The Trip Stages are editable
- Request for Approval Notification Email Addresses - Selected users will receive an email when new client users request access to the Client Portal.
- Trip Change Notification Email Addresses - Selected users will receive an email when new travel requests are received through the Client Portal or when clients make changes to the trip.
CREATE CUSTOMER PORTAL USERS
Request to Add a Client Portal User
- Provide the client with the Client Portal URL.
- Client will use the Sign Up process, preferably using the same email that is listed for their Avianis contact record.
- The client will then receive the following email after submitting the request:
The company admin for Avianis designated to receive the new sign up requests will receive the following message:
Approve New Client Portal User Access
- Log into the Client Portal as an admin.
- Click "Approve" for the listed client user.
- Link to the applicable Contact record that is created in the Avianis application or create the contact at that time.
Note: Leads must be converted to a Contact before they can be linked to a Client Portal user.
- Itinerary Changes - If set to Yes, it allows a client user to edit the Trip directly. Editable items include leg dates, times, and routing. Email notifications are set in the main application in My Company > Client Portal.
- Create Trip from Request - This setting allows an admin to grant the ability to automatically have travel requests result in a trip when the portal user submits the travel request. If the toggle is set to "Yes" once the user puts a travel request in via the portal a deal will be created and will automatically be marked as Won and a trip will become available immediately for the user to view and manage. If this setting remains on the defaulted "No" the Avianis user must review deal and manually create the trip.
Once approved, the new Client Portal user is notified via email:
Manage Portal Requests
Travel requests submitted via the portal are accessible in the Avianis application in the Deals section. Deals are on the main menu.
- Click the name of the deal.
2. Click add new to create the trip request and add it to the calendar.
Managing User Access
When a user is approved for portal access, they have access to the following:
- Their basic contact info
- Aircraft schedule (all trips the account is scheduled on are visible by all users logging into the portal)
- Aircraft quotes
- Aircraft trips
- Aircraft invoices
Example of user's contact info:
To remove access for a user to the client portal access their contact record in the Avianis application and make them inactive. The access is disabled immediately. It does not remove the user from the list of users in the portal.
Things to Know
If preferred FBOs are set up at the account level in the main Avianis application, when a travel request is submitted through the client portal and the trip is created, the FBOs will auto-select in the trip.