The trip snapshot captures the stage of the trip and pertinent information and potential issues at either note, warning, or critical level. The tools section within the snapshot contains the TSA vetting watchlist, APIS (US, Canadian and CARICOM) and email tracking details.
Covered in this article is:
- How to access the Trip Snapshot & Tools;
- Information displayed in the Snapshot; and
- Details about information in each section within the Snapshot & Tools.
ACCESS THE SNAPSHOT
From a Trip page, the Snapshot & Tools can be found at the top of the right side column. It will always first appear to be minimized; this is because when opened, it refreshes all the information. To open, click the + icon on the header bar. Once open, the Snapshot may be manually refreshed by pressing the Refresh button.
SNAPSHOT INFORMATION DISPLAY
The Snapshot information is divided into various sections (detail on each of those below in this article). To see all the information for a given section, click on the banner/arrow on the right which will expand the section.
- Red is a critical item that may (depending on account settings) limit the progression of a Trip. For example, the Trip Stage may not be changed.
- Yellow is a warning item.
- Blue is informational.
Each area is summarized by the color of the arrow to the left of the title. It will display the highest level of information within that section.
The current Trip Stage will be displayed next to the Trip number as well as on the drop down box at the top of the Snapshot. Click the drop down menu and make a new selection to change the Trip Stage.
- Critical Items: Passenger count exceeds capacity, trip turn time is less than aircraft set default, expired MEL, offline maintenance event, inspection item over due and a direct schedule over lap based on time.
- Warning Items: fuel stop thresholds have been exceeded, another scheduled flight leg is scheduled within 5 hours, and any open discrepancies
- Critical Items (some items require regulatory set to be applied):
Not enough hard days off in the calendar quarter
Not enough required rest Not enough qualified SIC's for augmented crew
Exceeding block and duty time limitations
Crew quantity requirement
Crew takeoff and landing currency issues (overall and night)
Expired training item
Out of office and trip schedule over lap
- Warning Items: Within 2 hours of exceeding rest regulations
- Information: Crew preferences
Note: Once a duty time record is logged and saved, the trip snapshot will refer to the actual duty times. Prior to the record being saved, the snapshot will refer to the proposed duty time, which considers the pre and post settings in Operations > Settings > Configuration.
The rest check in the trip snapshot for crew will ignore CSR's as they are not held to the same rest requirements.
- Critical Item: Expired travel documents, drivers license, etc.
- Warning Item: Missing passport information for international trips, travel documents going to expire within 30 days or custom threshold setting
- Information: Account and passenger preferences (FBO, catering, transportation, lodging, special requests, and other
- Critical Item: Minimum runway length and maximum airport elevation is not adequate for the aircraft
- Critical Item: Arrival Airport is not Airport Of Entry when leg includes departing from an international location.
- Warning Items: Airport is not 24 hours, airport is not an airport of entry, airport requires slots and contains any airport notes
- Warning Item: Requests have not been satisfied
- Warning Item: Tasks have not been completed
- Warning Item: FRAT status and issues
The watchlist area of the snapshot allows the user to manually vet the list, see who vetted the trip, view the current uploaded lists and view the results of the vetted manifest. Learn more by referring to the TSA Vetting guide.
Quickly submit APIS manifests for US, Canadian and CARICOM. The system can look at the change control options that are selected for the trip stage and will update the status of the eAPIS transmission to critical in the snapshot if any of the selected change controls occur after the eAPIS has been submitted. Change Control Items: Aircraft, Manifest, Crew Assignment, Airports, Reg Type, FBO Assignment, Scheduled time change, Pax/Crew Info. Configure APIS
Email Tracking Tool
The email tracking area of the snapshot provides the details of the report sent, who sent it and when it was processed, delivered and opened when the email is set to tracked when sent.