- Log into your GoDaddy account.
- Click on the plus button to the left of Domains in the Products tab.
- Click the green "Manage" button for the domain you use to send emails from.
4. Click on the "DNS ZONE FILE" tab.'
5. Click "Add Record"
6. Enter all of the DNS records individually.
Note: When inputting the Host into GoDaddy, there is no need to type in the domain. GoDaddy will automatically add the domain. Only input the prefix values.
A recent change with how GoDaddy handles new DNS record values automatically adds your domain, resulting in a CNAME entry with too much information and a failure when trying to complete domain authentication. An example of this would be em123.yourdomain.com.yourdomain.com.
Below is an example of the CNAME values under the HOST column as they are displayed in step 5 and how you will need to enter into your GoDaddy DNS Management:
- HOST/NAME em123.yourdomain.com . ENTER CNAME RECORD HOST/NAME AS: em123
- HOST/NAME s1._domainkey.yourdomain.com ENTER CNAME RECORD HOST/NAME AS: s1._domainkey
- HOST/NAME s2._domainkey.yourdomain.com ENTER CNAME RECORD HOST/NAME AS: s2._domainkey
Entries made in the VALUE or POINTS TO field do not need to be changed.