This article will cover:
- The setup of Aircraft Type Assignments
Setup Aircraft Type Assignments
- Go to My Company > Personnel, click on the Flight Crew record.
2. Click on the 'Crew Info' tab > Aircraft Type Assignment > 'Add New'
3. Select the Type Rating. Once selected, the make/models will populate. The type ratings that display in the Type Rating selection dropdown are the types in the operator fleet or the ones that match entries that have been made in the crewmember's logbook tab.
4. Select the Type Rating Position the crew member has earned. PIC, SIC or N/A. The PIC and SIC type ratings do not determine the crew member selection in the trip position drop downs. If N/A is set, the Issued Date, Expiration Date, Full Motion Sim Date and Proficiency Check Date fields are greyed out.
5. Select the Duty Position. In a future update (Estimated date of 2021), the Duty Position will determine who can be assigned to trips in combination with the make/model and type rating. Additional positions such as Check Airman (CKA), Instructor Pilot (IP) and Maintenance (MX) are available.
6. [Optional] Issued Date. Only if Type Rating Position is NA. Issued Date is required for the Wyvern/ARGUS Integration; therefore, the Type Rating Position must be set.
7. [Optional] Expiration Date.
8. [Optional] Full Motion Sim Date. This syncs to Wyvern/ARGUS.
9. [Optional] Proficiency Check Date. This syncs to Wyvern/ARGUS.
PIC = Pilot in Command
SIC = Second in Command
CKA = Check Airman
IP = Instructor Pilot
ACM = Additional Crew Member
CSR = Cabin Service Rep
FA = Flight Attendant
FE = Flight Engineer
Note: Set N/A in the Type Rating selection and Type Rating Position if one does not apply. Then, manually apply the applicable makes/models and the Duty Position. For example, to setup Flight Attendants or CSRs as an option on a specific make/model in a specific Duty Position. Here is an example of a crewmember that will be a CSR in the crewing selection at the trip level when the aircraft type is a G-400 or G-450.