Files may be uploaded in association with a number of different records including: travel documents, expenses, training items, and more.
- Any/all file types accepted (e.g. jpg, png, pdf, doc); the
- Maximum file size is 200 MB; there is
- No limit on the number of files that may be associated with a record; and
- Only one (1) file may be selected to upload at a time.
This article will cover how and where to:
- upload files;
- edit file settings;
- manage all files;
- share files; and
- download files.
Files may be uploaded anywhere you find the file icon button or the files section.
File Icon Button
Files may be uploaded in association to a record wherever the file icon button is seen. The number on the button indicates how many files are currently uploaded to that record. The button, with no files, appears like this:
This button is found on the right side of a listed record entry. Click the button to open the pop-up with additional information. Shown for example, there is one file attached/associated with the Travel Documentation record with the Passport record type:
Clicking the button will open a pop-up to review available files / add files.
- Click the Choose File button to launch a file browser on your computer
- Select a file and click the Open button (Note: Only 1 file may be selected)
- The file name will display in the pop-up as shown in the image below
- Click the Upload button
Settings will automatically appear when the upload in complete (see additional information below), then the file will now be displayed on the pop-up window:
When within a record or on a page where files may be uploaded, the files section may be found on the right hand side of the page:
To upload a file from the files section either:
- Click on the blue cloud to open a file browser on your computer; or
- Drag a file from a local file browsing window and drop the file on the cloud.
Note: Though the ability is available to select multiple files at a time within the file browser window and all files will show in progress, only one file may be uploaded at a time. The other files will error/cancel out and must be removed.
After loading file process icon will display temporarily, then they will clear once complete and the file will be available in the section:
When uploading from the file icon button the settings pan will automatically display after the file completes the upload. For files uploaded through the files section or previously uploaded files on any record, the settings will be available by clicking the blue edit pen button:
Settings are available on the Information tab and include:
- [File] Name - To edit, click directly on the blue text and blue check to save.
- Effective Date - Click blue text to edit and select date.
- Expiration Date - Click blue text to edit and select date. Note: Alerts are not available for file expiration dates, they must be associated with a record with that feature for tracking purposes.
- Created By - Automatically populates with the name of the user who uploaded the original file and is not available to edit.
- Created On - Automatically populates with the date/time when the file was uploaded and is not available to edit.
The file may be deleted by clicking the Delete File button from the settings pop-up. Note: Document removal is captured in the Activity Feed of most associated records.
All Company Files
Go to My Company > Files to see an overview of all file uploaded in Avianis.
Note: This page is restricted / unavailable to some user roles. There all files are searchable by Name, Created By, Start/End Date, or Related record.
My Files / Shared With Me
All files uploaded by the user are available under Dashboard > My Files. There is also a tab for Files Shared With Me that will display files where they have been added as a shared user in the settings (see below for more information on sharing files).
Under the blue edit pen button of a file > Shared tab, any number of personnel and/or groups may be added to access the file directly. Once added, they will display as a list on the pop-up. Note: Only the user which has shared the file will have the ability to edit or delete the file.
The user(s) to which the file is shared, it will appear in the list under Dashboard > Files Shared With Me.
DOWNLOAD FILES / SAVE FILES TO COMPUTER
A file may be downloaded from Avianis wherever the download from cloud button is found. The file will download to the folder set in web browser settings and may not open automatically upon completion.