In this Quick Start Guide we will walk you through how to update your company information, add personnel, aircraft, customers and vendors to your account. Throughout the guide there will be various links to articles that show detailed step-by-step instructions to ensure your account is setup properly.
Add Company Information
The company profile lays out the basic information about your organization such as contact numbers, hours of operations, certificate number and more. If you are utilizing the default quote and trip documents, some of these fields will dynamically pull in if entered (address, phone, email and website). Additionally, you are able to upload your company logo in the profile page which will also dynamically pull into documents that you generate from Avianis.
- Go to My Company > Profile in the main navigation.
- Input all of the relevant information about your company
- To upload a logo, click "Choose File" at the top of the page, select your company logo from your computer and click "Upload" (the logo will appear actual size on documents so please insure the file is scaled accordingly).
4. To upload important company documents (DO-85, Insurance, etc...) drag and drop them from your desktop to the documents section on the right side of the page.
Add Personnel Members
In order for your business users and crew to access Avianis they must be setup in your account. Once created, they will setup their password and login.
- Go to My Company > Personnel in the main navigation
- Click "Create"
- Select whether this is a business or a flight crew user (flight crew will only have access to their flight logs, schedule, expenses, airport directory, tasks and vendors) and click "Next"
4. Enter their name, email and home base airport and click "Save" (the email entered will be their username to access in Avianis). Once they are created, the system will send out a welcome email with a link to setup their password and login unless you uncheck the "Send Email Invitation" box before saving.
NOTE: The link in the welcome email to setup their password will only be valid for 30 minutes. If they have not setup their password within this period of time, they can go to login.avianis.com, enter their email and click the Forgot Password link.
5. When you click "Save" it will take you into the full user profile. On the right side of the page you can set the appropriate roles to ensure they only have access to the areas of the application they need.
Restrict Profile: Restrict profile allows an admin to restrict a users profile to read only. All fields except for the signature box are read-only in the Profile tab. This also includes the other tabs such as employment, crew info, log book, qualifications, travel documents, preferences and cards. The user us unable to add/edit any of the profile settings.
Scheduling Settings: Whether the user is a business or flight crew license, the schedule settings can be customized. If the user is not supposed to see all aircraft or personnel activity on their calendar select custom, select the applicable aircraft and/or personnel, then click "Save Changes."
Find out more on building the flight crew member personnel profiles: Flight Crew Personnel Profiles
In order to begin generating quotes or trips on managed fleet aircraft, setup aircraft profiles. Go to My Company > Aircraft and click Create.
NOTE: Associate an account or multiple accounts to an aircraft. If one account is associated to the aircraft, when building a trip for that account, the system will auto-select the tail number associated. If there is more than one account associated to an aircraft, the auto-selection function is not available.
Additional Trip/Flight Log Preferences can be enabled from within the top right corner of the aircraft profile (see below). We have provided a description of each function below.
Requires SIC - An additional check is run on trips for this aircraft to ensure at least one SIC is assigned to each leg on the trip. If an SIC is not assigned, a critical flag will be shown in the trip snapshot.
Additional Crew - No functionality is driven from this designation and it simply for internal reference.
Single Pilot - No functionality is driven from this designation and it simply for internal reference.
Cargo - An additional field will is displayed in the Weight and Balance tab of the flight log for aircraft with this enabled to capture Cargo Weight.
Medical - No functionality is driven from this designation and it simply for internal reference.
Passenger - No functionality is driven from this designation and it simply for internal reference.
Managed - No functionality is driven from this designation and it simply for internal reference.
Use Tach Meter - Additional fields are displayed on the flight log for aircraft with this designation to capture Tach Start and Tach End.
Use Rotary Log - The rotary log option is intended for helicopters but can be utilized on any aircraft. The Hobbs Start/Stop fields are displayed and the OUT/IN fields are removed. In additional, a T/O 2, LAND 2 and APPR 2 option is added. This would only be utilized if there were multiple take offs or landings done where one was Day and one was Night. For approaches, this allows for multiple approaches to be captured with different Approach Types. These are not required and most likely will be used very infrequently. Two additional fields will also be displayed for Coll. Hobbs Start/Stop if relevant. Finally, an additional tab is displayed for Engine Statistics which allows the user to capture very detailed engine data for the flight leg for each engine.
Use Hobbs Meter - Additional field are displayed on the flight log for aircraft with this designation to capture Hobbs Start and Hobbs End.
Require Hobbs Meter - If Use Hobbs Meter of Use Rotary Log are enabled, this designation will ensure the crew members enter values for these fields before they save the log.
Enable NVG - Additional fields are displayed on the flight log for aircraft with this designation to capture Night Vision Goggle time for PIC and SIC.
Forestry - An additional tab is displayed on the flight log to capture specific details for Forestry departments.
Law Enforcement - An additional tab is displayed on the flight log to capture specific details for Law Enforcement agencies.
Add Accounts (Customers)
There are three main records in Avianis that are used to manage customers (Leads, Accounts and Contacts). Leads are utilized to keep track of potential customers and allow you to build their profile and generate quotes without converting them to a full account. Accounts are the parent record and contacts such as passengers, executive assistants, etc. are associated to the account record.
- Go to the Accounts page from the main navigation.
- Click "Create"
- Enter account name and account type and click "Save & Edit" to access the full account profile.
NOTE: There are default account types in Avianis which you can utilize or you can go to My Company > Global Settings > CRM > Account Types and customize them to fit your organization.
Add Contacts or Leads
- If you are already in the account record you want to add the contact to, click the Contacts tab and then click "Create".
2. Enter their name and email address and click "Save & Edit" to access their full profile.
3. To add a contact outside of the account page or create a lead go to Contacts in the main navigation.
4. Click "Create".
5. Select whether you want to create a contact or a lead.
6. Enter their name, email and the account they are associated to (only if you are creating a contact).
7. Click "Save & Edit" to access their full profile.
Similar to your customers, you can also track your vendor relationships in Avianis as well. You can track hotels, caterers, FBOs, handlers, charter operators and more all from one place.
- Go to Vendors in the main navigation.
- Click "Create".
- Enter the vendor name and type and click "Save & Edit" to access the full profile. Within each vendor record, you are able to input contact info, additional contacts, associated aircraft (for Charter Operators), airport locations and more.
NOTE: For certain vendor types, if you tie them to airports, they will show up in the services area of trips for that airport (click here to learn how to add a vendor to an airport)