The Flight Crew Data Analysis Reports feature allows the user to create and analyze reports to best fit their needs based on the information logged in the application. This feature is particularly useful for conducting in-depth analysis into your aircrew members' activities.
Accessing and launching the Flight Crew Data Analysis Reports
1. Select Reports in the menu on the left.
2. Select Crew to enter the Crew Reports section of the application.
3. Identify the Flight Crew Data Analysis Reports window on the right side of the screen.
4. Begin building your report by selecting specific personnel or all personnel to include in the report.
5. Next the select the month and year you would like to pull the report for. If you select the Use Custom Dates checkmark box you will be allowed to select a date range.
6. Select the type of report you would like to see by using the last dropdown box in the window.
Personnel Events Analysis Grid - Allows you to create and analyze reports based on all data logged in the application about personnel events. The information is pulled from the Scheduling section of the application and includes all personnel event types (Duty Time, Training, Hard Days Off, Airline Travel, etc). Event Types can be setup in Global Settings.
Qualifications Analysis Grid - Allows you to create and analyze reports based on all data logged in the application about aircrew qualifications (names, associated programs, essential dates, etc). Information is pulled from Crew Records, Scheduling, and Personnel sections of the application.
7. After selecting a report type click Launch Report, the report will then appear in a new window. For this example we used the Personnel Events Analysis Grid, however the functionality is the same across all reports.
8. The report will have three functions at the top that will allow you organize the data in the report to best fit your needs.
Formula - Allows you to create custom formulas for the report.
Filter - Allows you to create custom filters for columns in the report.
Add Chart - Allows you to create charts in the report.
9. Select the Formula function. This function will allow you to create new columns with custom formulas using information in the table. When complete click Add to create the new column and formula. (Note: In the example below a column was created to show the amount of Per Diem, where the amount is a function of the duty time (Length Column) multiplied by 20. In this example 20 is the fiscal unit paid per hour to the crew member as per diem.)
Name - The name of the new column that will display your formula value.
Insert Column - This drop down menu allows you to select columns to insert as values in your formula.
Formula - This allows you to manually type, edit, and add additional information to your formula.
Data Type - This drop down menu allows you to select the value type your formula will return.
Display Format - This drop down menu allows you to select the format of the value your formula will return.
10. Select the Filter function. This function can be used to filter the columns of data to exclude certain information. (Note: In this example times that were less than 2 hours were filtered out of the Length Column.)
11. Select the Add Chart function. This function allows you to select from a number of different chart types to assist in visualizing the data. In this example we created a pie chart to display the events by type and percentage.
12. Select the 'gear' icon in the Table header to view the Additional Functions of the Flight Crew Data Analysis Reports.
Column - Allows you to determine which columns appear in the table.
Sort - Allows you to sort columns as required for your analysis.
Group - Allows you to group sets of items in the table.
Aggregate - Allows you to calculate averages, totals, and sums for groups of items in the table.
Paging - Allows you to determine the number of rows that appear on each page of the table.
13. In the Columns tab select the columns you would like to appear in the table. When complete, select ok to update the table.
14. In the Sort tab you can select and add specific sorting methods for individual columns. Sorting methods can be added and removed as you rearrange data. Once you have selected a Data Column and Order Direction, click Add.
15. In the Group tab you can select and add specific grouping options. These will group sets of data in the report. (Note: The example below demonstrates grouping data by Event Type.)
16. The Aggregate function allows you to calculate averages and totals. First you select the Data Column that will be used for the calculation, then you select the Aggregate Function or type of calculation being applied to the data, finally you select Add to apply the function. In this example we are the calculating the sum of Length for each Event Type. The Event Type group was selected in the previous step.
17. The Paging function allows you to determine the number of rows you would like to see on each page. Once you have selected the number of rows you would like to see click Ok.
Exporting the Table
18. Once you have completed setting up your table, you can export it to an Excel, CSV, or PDF file. To do this select the appropriate export option in the right corner of the table.